RE: clarify'n the boogie

Scorcher's clarify'n the boogie make's me want to jam   talk about a good term
i lov Dr.Ross Harmonica Breakdown.   always remembering canned heat   so yea
think'n about how to describe a groove you know as a stomp, boogie ,of what ever.
I like it and forgot that I do it all the time

Scorcher <scorcher@xxxxxxx> wrote:

eben ross said:

mojo blue U said it and that's the way thing change . jazz um , rock'm up
roll your boogie ?man I gotta feeling a few folks jamed,( got somthing
going
and a) spontainous cluster blank of terminology transpired. the b w old
school
jay mc shane eska rockin boogie is alot differant from the hook - i'm not
of the opinion
that they should become clasifications as in differant from each other.
popular music inspired by the africanamericans.

Ben,
Not positive I catch your full meaning, but if you're trying to say that
discriminating between "boogie" and "boogie-woogie" is somehow detrimental,
or divisive, I disagree.

To me, it's like the difference between a cha-cha and a rhumba, or a shuffle
and straight-time.

It's not detrimental; it's clarifying, so we all know what we're talking
about. I think it's helpful to have language to help communicate with our
fellow musicians on the bandstand, don't you?
- -Scorcher

Do you Yahoo!?
- --
Harp-l is sponsored by SPAH, http://www.spah.org