De : owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx] De la part
de Michael Polesky
Envoyé : Freitag, 30. April 2004 23:01
À : Jp Pagan; harp-l harp-l
Objet : Re: Really LOW harps...

Hey JP,

Turns out I have a B Tenor Chromatic made for me by Brendan Power.  It
is a half-step lower than my C Tenors.  Brendan made this out of a CX-12
and the bottom portion of a Suzuki 64's reedplates.  It happens to be a
fantastic harmonica that pays for itself regularly.

I don't know how low you can go, but a B or Bb seems very practical to
me. Beyond that you might have trouble adjusting the lowest pitched
reeds.  I wouldn't guarantee that you could get a good A Tenor.
However, my B Tenor is as good as almost any harmonica I own.  The sound
is not as sweet as a Renny, but the Suzuki reeds give it a "bite" to the
tone that is very useful for my needs.  I use this harp mostly for rock
and blues, the Renny for jazz.  In fact, my B Tenor made by Brendan
Power is the only harp I take out except for my Renny which is my
preferred instrument.  If it can go out with the Renny it can date any
harmonica in town.

So, I say go for it!  Brendan Power can certainly put together a
fantastic instrument for you.  He is the crèmes de la crèmes of harp
customizers. You'll be very happy.  Take care,

Michael