Rolling cover plates

I bought four Low SP20s and two of them have a buzz on the bottom end from
the reeds tickling the cover plates.  Any suggestions on the best way to
roll covers to increase the reed clearance and eliminate the rattle? I used
a piece of aluminum rod to do a few in the past and got OK results, but the
edge of the cover pulled away from the edge of the comb near the holes about
a1/32 of an inch. I can live with that but would like any tips from the
surgeons out there on the list.

I have also been opening up the vent side of the cover plates for more
projection. I have a pair of pliers for sheet metal, and that does a fair
job of bending the edge lips under, but I have seen a couple of customized
harps that looked a lot better. Any suggestions on how to do this a better
way?

Thanks in advance.