Re: Maintenance Kits

On Mar 30, 2004, at 12:22 PM, paul-harker@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I was window(s) shopping at coast2coast, and I see the Lee Oskar and
> Hering repair kits which appear rather similar. Any reason to get one
> over the other?
>
> Thanks... Paul (total newbie)

   Don't buy either, put your own kit together. All that stuff is a
hodge-podge of junk you already have around the house. Example: double
edge razor blade (broken in two) for feeler guages, Tiny screw drivers
you file for a perfect fit, long hat pin for picking up reeds, jewelry/
or model cement for windsavers, reed wrench made from a fingernail
file, cuticle scissors for snipping reeds, popsicle stick "Slips" for
tuning. Rivets made from paper clips, and on and on (as nauseum).
  smo-joe