  From: owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Aeskow@xxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 8:05 PM
  To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: Ramblin' On My Mind

  A friend of mine was in Freddie King's band during a triumphant blues tour
of the U.K.  When they got to Manchester they were feted by the Arts
Society, and taken to the most expensive restaurant in the city.  The wine
steward came over to Freddie, bowed deeply, and handed him a ten-pound,
leather-bound document.  "What's this?" asked Freddie.  Smiling smugly, the
wine-steward said, "It's the wine-list, sir."  Freddie handed it back,
staring at the wine-steward as if he was insane, and said: "Fuck the
wine-list!  Bring me the god-damn gin-list!"

  Which I consider a wise answer from the man who was more eloquent on
electric guitar than any other King--even King, Albert; King George, and
King Kong.  Freddie's phrasing on guitar AND vocals should be closely
studied by any young harp player who's looking to know more about the power
of dynamics.  Check out the DVDs & videotapes, especially--monster stuff.