Re: Thicker reedplates = louder?

Here we go again Vern, I should know better than this. I have been doubling
the reeds plates on diatonics since the mid 80's and if you are trying to
tell me that there is no perceivable difference in volume between a one
millimeter and a two millimeter reed plate you are sadly mistaken.

Yes, Vern there are very many cherished myths and fallacies in the harmonica
community, you just don't spend the rest of your life investigating them all
or trying to disprove them all.

Keith welcome to the harmonica community and all of it's colorful
characters. I would highly suggest that you check and research all the
archives on Harp-1, Harp-On, Slidemeisters, and you'll see that a lot of
reputable people think there is a difference regarding reedplate difference.
That way you can get a better overview of whatever topic you are interested
in.  Play your diminished harmonica well. And don't forget to have fun!

Respectfully, not planning on flogging a dead horse,
Derrick