Re: Pro Junior

Pro JuniorHi Jim,
I also have one similar to that and it's the best version of this amp, but
some questions for you:

1. Where do you have the tone set on the amp? I usually have it ALL the way
down.
2. What mic are you using with it?
3. How high is the volume being set? Why? With harp mics, the signal is
easily 5 times louder than a guitar signal to begin with and when the volume
is up high enough when tight cupped, it will feedback. I have to wonder is
this what you're talking about.

Power tubes contribute to harmonic content of an amp, but this sounds like
an entirely different problem than tubes, as sometimes the printed circuit
does get loose and I have a friend who has this same amp where the PC board
actually fell out and got fried by the heat of the tubes.  JJ's are one of
the better newer production tubes around, but with any tube, some can be
microphonic right out of the box. You can contact me off list if you'd like.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA
http://www.barbequebob.com