Re: melodica in blues - Paul Oscher cd

Ludo,

> Anyone ever tried Hohner's bassmelodica?

from its tonal range the Hohner Melodica Basso is really a Baritone
instrument with two octaves from f (this means the f below the C of a
16-hole Chrom) to e''.

The Melodica Basso is discontinued, but they show off from time to time
on ebay. I was lucky enough to get an unplayed instrument when two years
ago Didi Neumann sold the few remaining he had bought from Hohner.
Originally I wanted to give it as a christmas present to my son, but
when I tested it I loved the sound so much that I decided to keep it by
myself :)))

Great sound and much more easier to play the low notes than on a
harmonica. But I didn't use it to play Blues so far. I think that it is
a great instrument for Jazz or Folk Songs for instance.

Sorry, not so much harmonica content, but I think that this a bit of
interest here...

Otto