Re: advice on setting the right atmosphere for a private party-FAMILIAR SONGS

Randy Singer said:

> Talk to your audience as if they were One person. Speak intimately and
> proudly. There is a wall that exists between you and the audience. Do
> not expect them to climb it. Break it down.

Wow. I mean...wow.

Randy, I just want to say thanks for your wonderful guide on professionalism
as a musician.
I hope to join the ranks (in a very small way) of those of you who make a
living at it (my goal is to be "semi-pro"), and I know this manual is going
to be invaluable.

But that sentence above...man, that's zen-like in it's power. That there is
some genuine Black Belt Zen Master S***.

Thank you, Sensei.
- -Scorcher