Asian Pacific Harmonica Festival 2004 in Hong Kong

Harmonica Players.

Excuse this information being late... I know that many of you will have
seen or heard about this festival before.  However!

There will be over 1400 people at the festival with 600 plus entrants in
various competitions (12 categories! )  It is going to be HUGE!  It will be
August 4-8 in Hong Kong.

There are many thousands of HK$  prizes for many of the competitions... not
to be sneezed at!

However... there is a section for International players which is why I am
writing... This can be solo playing, group, harmonica with other
instruments etc.
I won't be more specific about details you can read them in the URLs I have
placed below.

However, you will be able to hear and see some of the finest harmonica
playing in the world. The level of expertise in all areas will astound you,
there is no other word for it!

You will see that there are deadlines printed in the documents you can
download ... don't pay any attention, the organisers WANT participation by
international visitors at all levels and will hold the deadline until July
4th. There is a load of information about hotels etc available.

http://www.hkharmonica.org/aphf2004/en/

http://www.hkharmonica.org/aphf2004/en/announcement_details.php?id=1

I hope some of you can manage to go.  If you know you will be able to make
the trip, or want any further info (after looking at the web sites) please
contact the organiser Ho Pak Cheong direct to get things moving fast. His
address is
"Ho Pak Cheong" <pcho01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Don't forget... if you cannot make it to Hong Kong ... make it to SPAH
17-21 August in St Louis.  Write to ME about that. :))

Douglas Tate
President ... SPAH