My 2 cent's...possibly 3

First off I know the Iceman personally...and he sure ain't an instant
gratification type of guy. I am not sure why this 5 minute theory would
create such a stir. Speaking for my ADD self I kind of wish he had a 2
minute theory...but then oh my...what a stir that would create. I flash back
to those first days at 15 or so when I got my first harp...an Atta Boy in
C...I used to lay on my bed in the dark and just wander around those 10
magical holes with zero direction of any kind. Just the joy of accidental
music put a new thrill into my cushy middle class suburbia lifestyle. Over
the years I have become a fairly competent player with a tone I can be proud
of. The fact remains that I am still very much that same 15 year old in
spirit...some weeks I will play everyday and sometimes a week can go by and
nary a note. The result...I can improvise well but rarely play the same
thing the same way twice. Bottom line...when an idea like 5 minutes comes by
I can't help but think that you would either use it or blow it off as
unusable. Europeans this...Americans that...what a load of crap. I also
can't help but think that the Iceman has a theory that could apply to far
more than just our instrument of choice. I wish people all over the world
would spend 5 minutes a day on a lot of other stuff too...like thanking our
awesome God...telling our friends and family how much we love them...maybe
even just trying not to drive their cars like assholes...

Happy Fathers Day Gentlemen...