Re:

On Jun 17, 2004, at 5:02 PM, Jp Pagan wrote:

> i can think of one big thing i never practice enough
> and i think most people probably don't: improvising.
> and i don't want to hear you can't practice
> spontaneity (though, it seems, i may not be able to
> spell it...). getting used to improvising is an
> enourmously helpful thing. think about it the next
> time you freeze up before a solo :)
>
>   --Jp

Absolutely.
   Do as Winslow said. I have been saying (basically) the same thing on
another channel. Work the tune in several different directions. Don't
be afraid to "play" with the surrounding notes/chords/triads/doublets.
Play various keyed instruments in various keys to obtain even
"Variouser" keys. Keeps away the boredom.      smo-joe