Re: Five Minutes/day

I worded my approach like this on my website:

"Practice often, but don't spoil it for yourself. 10 minutes, 3 times
a day that you do enjoy is better than an hour that bores you. Bore
yourself and you'll quit. So don't bore yourself."

There are so many variables (in personal temperment, physical agility,
learning modalities, musical tastes and listening history, pitch
recognition, hearing acuity, brain hemisphere dominance, intelligence,
level of concentration, attention span...to name only a few) that I
doubt that it's possible to formulate one learning system that will
"best" suit all players.

I think it's possible for many players to get _much_ better with
minimum--but fairly steady--practice. It's like savings...regular and
steady is usually better than binges of bigger savings separated by
long periods of no savings at all. Steady repetition and practice adds
up.

What I _do_ know is that bored people quit. So don't bore yourself,
whatever regimen you choose.

- --
Best regards,
 Ron/datadigr                            mailto:rdg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx