Mexican Harp

HarpLers,

In Mexico the diatonic harp (the stringed virety) is big, especially
around Veracruz.  The diatonic (as well as piano) accordian is also big
in norteno/tejano styles.  I've been working on getting a traditional
Mexician thing going, playing guitar and requinto.  Mostly ranchera's,
huapango's and jarochos.  I was thinking I might also try and work in
some harmonica, perhaps trying to emulate the tejano accordian with
perhaps an octave or tremolo harmonica..  I got to thinking that I've
never heard harmonica used in the context of traditional Mexican music.
I guess the thing to do to get started is to learn some of the other
parts like horns, sax, and fiddle parts, and adapt these to harp.  I was
gonna say I might try and do some of the string harp parts, but I don't
think even Popper can play that fast.  Does anyone know of any
recordings or other examples of harmonica being used for this sort of
music.  Or even for other latin styles like bolero, cumbia, merengue,
tango, etc? .

Thanks

Howard Chandler
Mandeville, LA