Re: SPAH

At 12:32 15/06/2004, scott gold wrote:
>and, Douglas, when you say "traditional place" ,
>i know you are not just taking about "time",
>but "location" as well.
>weren't you all considering holding SPAH
>on Guam at some point?
>we'd still love to have you!

It's funny you should say that!!! ........

This location, location, location is a real pain!  We have to find a
location where there is a core of harmonica players in a clublike
fraternity who are willing to take on the job of hosting... ie, doing a lot
of legwork and a lot of organising.   We have been supremely lucky so far
in that we have always managed this.  There are some great clubs out
there.  In the years that I have been doing this job we have had  Denver
(Mile High) Columbus (Buckeye Harmonica Club), Dallas (Harmonica
Organisation of Texas), St Louis this year  (Gateway Harmonica
Club)...  great people and full of enthusiasm.  This will be the third time
we have been to St Louis in the last decade... gluttons for punishment...
wonderful people.

Guam sounds SO attractive... and didn't you have a hand in designing some
of the biggest hotels there?  I'm sure the Board of SPAH would graciously
accept an all expenses paid invitation from the best hotel so that we could
survey it  for the possibility of holding a SPAH convention there.

er... there is the little problem of airfares and an awful lot of water to
cross... do you have a solution??

Good to hear from you Scott... miss your comments and poetry!

Douglas T
President ... SPAH