Re: Grant Dermody Seminar in NJ

Pat Missin wrote:

> I've seen very little mention of Grant's CD on this list, which is
> surprising given what a great album it is. Grant's vocals and
> harmonica are just lovely and he is supported on this album by
> luminaries such as John Cephas, John Miller, Orville Johnson, Joe
> Filisko and assorted Improbabillies. The material is eclectic, drawing
> from blues and old time with touches of folk, jazz and even calypso,
> yet it all has a very cohesive sound and feel.

Haven't heard the clips yet but signed up last Friday.  Like I said,
even an hour and a half of instruction is better than bitching about it.
  NOW I'm getting excited.

Someone tell me...most of the instructional material I've looked at
assumes you're playing a harp in C.  However, Portnoy's CD series and
Dermody ask you to use an A harp instead.  Why would this be?

Ken
- --
Kenneth Wolman
Proposal Development Department