Re: Paul Oscher...

Hey Scott,

You're right. But personally, I don't care what amp
Little Walter ~really~ played through or didn't
play through. He was the MAN, and I'll never play
as good as him no matter ~what~ rig I use.

No need to make a devisive issue out an innocent
comment and take away from what appears to be a
~very~ cool and innovative vintage amp.

If you have a bone to pick with Mr Oscher for ~his~
assertion about LW's amp choices, then I suggest
you forward your comments to him.

This issue has been hashed over here on Harp-L
before. Research was done. Someone dug up a
transcribed interview with Little Walter, where he
~describes~ the Commando amp in some detail, though
LW doesn't seem to remember it's name. He never
actually says he ~plays~ through it in the
interview, but that he thought it was cool. Perhaps
that's where the connection was made between LW and
the Commando amp.

In the end, though, it's a pretty trivial topic,
and not worth getting worked up over.

Stay well, bro.

Harpin' in Colorado,
- --Ken M.

=====
"When you speak of Walter Horton, the first thing you think of is his tone, that big, fat tone."
- ---Li'l Ronnie Owens