Re: SBS Marine Band Question (wick pen?)

On Jun 11, 2004, at 4:30 PM, Jp Pagan wrote:

> hey all,
>
>   sorry if this is a silly question, but what's a
> "wick pen"? i tried looking it up and no dice, and
> i've asked artists i know (figured they'd know from
> pens) and again, bupkis.
>
>      --Jp

  Back in the "old" days, a wick pen was one which used a blue-black ink
that was waterproof, oilproof, impervious, The only way to remove it
was with laquer thinner or "Codo" duplicating fluid and a rag. This
crap was used in supermarkets to mark the prices on the cans.
  I think Vern is referring to a "sharpie" or any other ink pen with a
FELT insert. Some come to a sharp point, others a chiseel type shape.
smo-joe