Re: Standardizing...Going to Spah etc

Rob Paparozzi gave a great dissertation on his thoughts regarding a more
organized program of instruction be offered in the chord and bass
harmonicas, in addition to diatonic and chromatic models. I have long
been of this same opinion, so a number of months ago I wrote a letter to
Hohner, offering the Dave McKelvy Harmonica Trio as an "official"
extension of the Hohner instructional program. I suggested workshops be
conducted in the larger music stores around the country, offering
instruction in all orchestral harmonica models, but specifically
chromatic, diatonic, chord and bass singly, as well as in trio format.
Also such workshops might be offered in schools on all levels, and at
music conventions and trade shows.

I was of the opinion that Hohner might be interested in boosting their
sales of such orchestral models, and what better way to do so?

I was very disappointed that as time went by, I received neither a
"thanks, but no thanks" response, but not even a response of any kind
from anyone at Hohner.

And for anyone interested in buying a chord or bass, my suggestion is to
locate one of an older vintage - 15 or 20 years or even older, if you
want a good quality instrument. An older model in need of repair will be
far superior to a brand new instrument. Sad but true.

Danny