re: a moment of silence please

- --- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mudharp@xxxx
wrote:
> My band does a couple of Brother Ray tunes, 'I
> Believe' and 'Maryanne'. What Ray Charles tunes have
> you all covered?
>
> with deep respect,
>
> T.A.

there's a great version of "Maryanne" on Poncho
Sanchez's last CD. i can't recall the name. there's
some harp on it, i think (there's some harp on one
song on the CD, at least). and Ray sings!
the only Ray Charles tune i've ever covered is "Hard
Times":

" My mother told me
before she passed away
said 'son when i'm gone,
don't forget to pray,
cause there'll be hard times
hard times
who knows
better than i' "

i play a solo on chromatic, used to be 3rd pos.
diatonic. the sax solo on the original, at least the
intro, is really good. great song. unfortunately, our
singer has a tendency to scream out the last verse.

god bless you, Ray Charles...

   --Jp