RE: moment of silence, please

- ----- Original Message -----
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 6/10/2004 3:11:38 PM
Subject: moment of silence, please

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. - Ray Charles, the Grammy-winning crooner who
blended gospel and blues in such crowd-pleasers as "What'd I Say" and
ballads like "Georgia on My Mind," died Thursday, a spokesman said.
He was 73.

Charles died at his Beverly Hills home surrounded by family and
friends, said spokesman Jerry Digney.

Charles last public appearance was alongside Clint Eastwood on April
30, when the city of Los Angeles designated the singer's studios,
built 40 years ago in central Los Angeles, as a historic landmark.
     The music world has indeed lost a giant.There will definitely be something special added when my band plays "I Believe to my Soul" this weekend. Rest in Peace, Brother Ray...
                                                                                  Jeff