RE: battery amp

Does anyone one of you experts can give me an idea which amp I can use for
busking? The requiraments are: needs to be battery-powered, easy to
transport fearly good sounding so I can use it on stage as well and
inepansive.... I know, I know I am asking a lot...any suggestions are
apreciated,

Alexander

I got a Yamaha VA10 amp a year ago.  It runs on the mains or on batteries
(six D cells).  I think it rates 6 watts maximum.  It's loud enough for me
to use in quite a noisy pub setting (in a smallish room I hasten to add).
It weighs maybe 10 pounds or so and has a lovely brown leather carry handle.
  It handles my green bullet, or a lapel mic, very well.  It has volume,
treble, middle and bass controls, as well as variable distortion and chorus
controls.  It has a variable delay control that I find very useful (you
could almost think you have reverb).  It also has an AUX input (I play CDs
through it at my barbecues - yes, we do get good weather in Cornwall) and a
phones output.  The batteries last very well for harp-playing.  It cost me
£100.  You may have to buy the mains adaptor separately.  I love it.

Steve Shaw

Want more than the blues?  Try Irish!
http://mysite.freeserve.com/trad_irish_harmonica

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger