RE: battery amp

I use a Crate Limo for busking. It's a tad heavy, and a bit pricy, but
it's a great little amp. It has an instrument channel, through which I
play harp, and a mic channel (lo/hi imp), which is used for vocals. It
has a 10 inch speaker and a piezo tweeter. It's rated at 50watts. It
uses lead acid batteries. Personally, I think it's the best solid state
harp amp I've ever used.

While busking, I think it's important to sing (it seems to bring in more
$$$), but you have to get above the level of the street noise. The Limo
does the trick. It's a super amp, a mini-pa actually, and it's paid for
itself many times over from what I've earned off the street.

In addition to busking, I've used the Crate Limo as a stage monitor, a
rehearsal PA, a live performance PA, a jam amp, and a guitar practice
amp.