gear question stromberg carlson pa amp

Just picked up a Stromberg Carlson Signet 33 amp on ebay.  Tube
complement is (2x) 12ax7,  6u8, 5u4gb, and (2x) 6l6gc. Is anyone
familiar with this amp?

It's pretty loud.  I've been fooling around with different tubes in the
12az7 sockets to minimize feedback.  What does the 6u8 do?  From what
I've read it was mostly used in tv sets.  Which one is the phase inverter?

I plan to get a cap job, put on a three prong power cord, and replace
the tubes, but it sounds pretty good as is.  Have  I missed something
obvious (or subtle) in turning it into a harp amp?

- --
Hear Barrelhouse Solly--that's me--on the web.
http://www.soundclick.com/barrelhousesolly