Montreal Jazz Festival - Free shows were announced today

Here is (below) the Montreal Jazz Festival, blues show lineup in case you don't know what to do this summer. Its the Festivals 25th Anniversary. I'd appreciate any comments on the blues artist below offlist so I can pick and chose what to go see. If anyone is interested, let me know and I will forward you the comments.

Way down below I have comments on 3 local artist who are excellent. I go see them whenever I can, they are great harp player/showmen.

350 free shows (outdoors)
147 paying shows (indoors)

For paying shows you need to order tickets soon. Many of the halls like the Metropolis and the Spectrum do not have assigned seating so you can buy your tickets late and still get a good seat if you get there two hours before the show. You can always get there late and stand up if you don't mind. None of the rooms are that big so your never more than 80 -100 feet from the stage. Some rooms like the Gesu are small so you're at most 50 or 60  feet from the stage.

The site (all of Montreal) is very safe, you see tons of young kids and toddlers during the day. I let my daughter (age 17) and her friend go off on their own in the evening last year. That is safe providing your kids are responsible.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

June 30th to July 11

Access to the site is free, all paid by sponsors, so free really means free:
  - bring your own joints if you like
  - you need to buy the beer at the site

For blues, follow; concert by series at http://www.montrealjazzfest.com/fijm2004/programmation/grille_en.asp

The blues shows are all evening shows.

Series:
  Les spectacles      - non-local talent
  Les soiree             - local talents

Les spectacles:

BRIAN AUGER'S OBLIVION EXPRESS

GLAMOUR PUSS

JON PARIS

THE PAPPY JOHN'S BAND FEATURING MURRAY PORTER

JOE BONAMASSA

HARMONICA KNIGHTS
    WITH MARK "BIRD" STAFFORD, JEROME GODBOO & BHARATH RAJAKUMAR

ROOMFUL OF BLUES

JOHNNY JONES & THE GROOVE DUDES

SONNY LANDRETH  - I  saw him 2 years ago, excellent slide guitar, a unique style (sound) for a slide player

NUNO MINDELIS

Locals harp players that are "Not to miss":

Carl Tremblay R&B and blues Harp, great voice
Jim Zeller, Blues with lots of effect delays etc, very cool
Henry and the Blue Kats featuring Rick L blues (Great Singer/harp player)

Oh yeah, Jean-Jacques Milteau of France is playing in one of the paying shows. He's the top guy in France (probably means well know, i.e. must be good, but not neccessarely the best) I don't know him so I can't comment. I may go see it. Perhaps Froggy or others can comment.

Pierre.