Re: amp settings

Ron,

1.  An equalizer in your effects line between the mic and the amp (not on a send/return) can allow you some degree of feedback control.  I uses a DOD 7-Band.

2.  The settings are highly sensitive.  Once you find settings that work for you, photograph all of your components.  Estimate each setting to the nearest tenth of a unit (Matser @ 5.2, Bass @ 9.5, etc.).  Annotate your photograph with this information.
Make record of it somehow.

3.  Set up your rig with a stereo behind you (simulating a band).  Notice how the placement of your body, microphone, and harp affect feedback.

4.  Remember that at least 80% of your tone comes from the player, not the equipment.

Hope this helps,

Will

Ron Tucker <tuckerhs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm about to wade into amplified harp playing.  I'm a guitar player.  Any suggested settings for trying harp through a Line 6 Flextone amp, or POD?
Thanks
Ron

Do you Yahoo!?