Re: amp settings

In a message dated 6/1/04 10:04:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tuckerhs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I'm about to wade into amplified harp playing.  I'm a guitar player.  Any
suggested settings for trying harp through a Line 6 Flextone amp, or POD?
Thanks
Ron
Hey Ron,

On the POD, I would try the Brit Blues setting. Turn the channel volume all
the way up and adjust the regular volume with output setting. If you are using
the POD 2.0; the Brit Blues setting is nice when you change the cabinet
combination from the 2X12 to a 1X8. Turn up the bass to compensate for the abundant
top end, as well as turning down the top end (Mids as well). I worked a good
sound from jacking the Bass up and using the Drive for top end. A good rule is
to keep the Drive as low as possible (Nothing over 3), typically amplified
harp has an innate break up to it as it is and using too much Drive makes harp
tone sound like dog crap. This setting got really Tweed sounding and is
essentially my mainstay for harp tone now.
Also invest in a good powered monitor because relying on a sound man to
provide acceptable onstage volume is a pain. Also it's nice to be able to adjust
your own volume without pestering a sound guy when the guitar player develops
sudden deafness syndrome.
Read the manual and learn about certain presence and volume boost settings on
certain presets. Also the champ sound is not bad at all, and can be pulled
out and used with little modification. Also the Champ patch has the plate reverb
which is quite nice.

That should keep you busy for a while,

Andrew