Re: Fwd: Country/Rock Fiddle Parts question

From: "ozharp" <harpgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

<<While I don't claim to be brilliant at it, I find  "Devil Among The
Tailors"
(a.k.a. "Devil's Dream") quite straightforward on chromatic in (dare I say
it!) 1st position although it does involve a lot of tongue-switching to do a
legitimate version (i.e. all of the rapid octave jumps). Assuming that the
12-hole diatonics have a layout like a chromatic (with the button out, of
course!) then I see no reason why it can't be easily achieved on one of
these since there is no button work involved.

Cheers,

Paul>>

>......But "Devil Among The Tailors?"  Anyone who can bring that one off on
>a harp
>(no cheating, mind!) has my respect in truckloads!

>Steve

Hi Paul

Have we got the same tune here?  My version has no octave leaps in it ( a
good few awkward 3rds and 5ths though).  One of my many problems is that I
only pucker!

Steve.

Want more than the blues?  Try Irish!
http://mysite.freeserve.com/trad_irish_harmonica