Re: Yet Another Juke Question[long reply]

Larry Boy Pratt wrote:
> I haven't heard the
> outtakes.  How does it differ from the released version?  In the solo?,
the
> theme?, the overall structure?
- ---It's really amazing, Larry...the alternate take is almost completely
different than the famous "hit"  version...and that includes the absence of
the much discussed and argued about[at least on this list] intro riff.The
comping behind LW,while not identical to the famous version, is similar,but
what LW plays is very different.The fact that this take is SO different is
what has made me wonder about this.

Since I've asked for opinions,I'll state mine:I think the famous version was
more-or-less arranged...the result of LW playing this piece on stage with
Muddy's band...and I think the alternate take was improvised.My reasoning
here is based on the way the famous take of Juke sounds...it sounds arranged
to me,whatever that means.Having stated my opinion,let me hasten to add that
I've sure been wrong before,and with LW,anything is possible.
WVa Bob