From: owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of Tim Moyer - Working Man's Harps
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 6:30 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Line Out Wiring (no harp content)

Sorry to be sending a post with no harp content to the harp list, but I'm
hoping one of the resident amp/electronics experts will answer off list.

I am trying to take a line out from my amp (the line level signal taken
from the preamp before it goes to the amplifier component) as something
that a sound man can run direct into the mixer for the room.  I don't have
any experience with what the board expects, or whether the line signal I am
supplying is considered "balanced" or "unbalanced".

I want to wire the line out to  a connector in the amp cabinet, such that a
sound man can just jack a cable of some sort into it and run it to the
mixing board.  That way, his level won't be affected by the volume I set on
stage (unlike if he were micing the amp), and the signal should be nice and
clean, no ambient noise from a microphone.

Can someone give me some idea what's the best way to supply this signal?
Will they be expecting to plug in an XLR cable and run it to the snake?
How do you guys playing straight into the PA through a Harp Commander or
something arrange your connections?

I'll be happy to take responses off list to try and keep the list on harp
talk.

Sorry for the non-harp content,

- -tim

Tim Moyer