re: paralysis by analysis

You have to practice if you want to play a musical instrument. When practicing
you have to look at two factors: how much time you spend practicing, and how
you spend that time practicing.

You can spend two hours blowing. It's fun but it doesn't accopmplish much.
You're better off to spend an hour with a list of things you need to practice.
That's where the analysis comes in and where the list comes in. When I
practice I concentrate on tone, I concentrate on memorising the notes on the
harmonica,working in different positions, and learning songs.The time goes by
quickly. I have enough things to work on that the practice time doesn't get
stale. It lets me learn the instrument without having to devote all my free
time to playing.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm