Re: REVIEW : Greg Szlapczynski - La Part du Diable

I have to say that this is one of my favorite recordings.  As Ben
says, it's not a traditional genre-based recording, it's a diverse
collection of a wide range of styles, but it has a jazzy feel
throughout, and has VERY high production standards, and the other
personnel on the album, all the way down to engineering and
recording, absolutely shine.

I only wish that Greg would come to the US, or myself to France, so I
could meet the man, and maybe take a few lessons, pick his brain a
little.

I purchased my copy by wading my way through Amazon.fr, the French
Amazon site, which wasn't too difficult if you've done much online
shopping.  I bought using my MasterCard, which handled the currency
conversion and payment for me.  I think, including standard shipping
from France, I paid about $30 for the CD.  It was certainly worth
it!

Not everyone is going to like this CD -- it's not your standard blues
fare -- but if you like innovative ideas in music and very clean,
stylish harmonica playing in a mix of jazzy and other genre music,
you should check it out.  It might get on your favorites list too!

- -tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps
http://www.workingmansharps.com/