RE: SM 58 Question

I went through a bunch of mic in the past few weeks.  I noticed
little to no difference in the SM 58/58B The 58B seems to run hotter.
I used the SM57 for awhile and thought that sounded good.  Then I dug
out my Sennheiser 441.  Nothing beats that for capturing the acoustic
harmonica sounds.  The 441 makes the shures sound like mud.  I also
had very good results with the Shure SM81 but that picked up too much
breathing.

"I assure you sire that I did not play one more or one note less than
absolutely necessary" - Mozart