CR Elements

Thanks [much!] for the many comments on soldering
elements- - - but here's my real question: What did i
hurt by heating the leads too hot??? I mean, I don't
see any ~parts~ in there, under the tape. There is
nothing ON the other side of the lead that I was
soldering to [other than, as I said before, the
magnet. And I figure, ~How can you hurt a magnet, if
it still has the same magnetic force? Or does it???].
Can anyone shed any light on this? It might seem far
afield from harmonica, but I know for sure I'm not the
only one with a basement full of GE/Shure/ham mics
[can I hear an amen?] and I'm getting sick of ruining
them.
Thanks again,
Robb