CR Mics

Mic Gurus [or even tinkerers]! Please help!?

I?ve been collecting controlled reluctance elements
[the kind that look just like CM elements but say CR
on them] for a while and have recently discovered that
you can ruin them when you get the lead too hot [while
soldering the wires to them]. At least I assume that?s
what I did wrong. All I know is that they worked great
before I connected the new wires to them and soldered
them- to prevent a bad connection in future [or that
was my hope].

I assume that the whole lead gets too hot and melts
it?s connection loose, on the other/internal end- -
BUT, when I peeled back the tape to see, I can not see
where they WERE ever connected to any dang thing,
other than a piece of plastic which, I assume holds it
in place and lets it do it?s reluctant magnetic thing.
IS THERE ANY way to undo the harm I?ve done? Is one
not supposed to solder them that close to the element
[I?ve removed the plastic case to fit it in other
shells]? I?ve been wiggling and prodding, but the
sound is a quarter what it was. Is there anything I
can do to salvage these puppies???

Many thanks,
Robb