Re: Another reason to go to SPAH

I am very moved by Mikael's kind and quite unexpected
words. It is Mikael, really, whom you should be
looking out for at Spah. He merges technical
sophistication (much exceeding mine), originality,
soul, and uncommon beauty of line.  I remember seeing
Mikael on a tape of the 2002 jam made by Doug Randall
(another player you should be listening for) and
wondering, with some apprehensiveness, who he might
be.

The jams are a Himalayas of diverse and striking
technical heights, and even players still on the
ascent -- including struggling beginners --  stamp
their blues uniquely. Spah 2004 promises to be
particulary rich; many memorable players who can't
make it every year will be back, finally. If you've
never come before, this is your year.

I should mention, though, to those whose expectations
may have been raised by Mikael, that my twin brother
Gus will be attending in my place.