RE:

Nope. If anything it makes you play more esoteric in 2nd position
because you can.

There is no reason to ever play a blues in f# on a C harp.  In fact
there is no reason to ever play that gut wrenching blues in positions
other than 1,2,3.  There are plenty of reasons to use overblows and
play above the 6th hole blow.

If you're playing a Jazz Blues then 11th and 12th positions are very
reasonable positions.

My point is to play only what is appropriate. If you ever see me
playing a chicago style blues you'll never hear me use anything other
than 1,2,3 positions unless otherwise requested.