Max Geldray

I always enjoyed Max's performances on the Goon Show too. The GS has only recently stopped running on the Australian
Broadcasting Commissions network, after being repeated almost continuously for my entire remembered life.
 In the last couple of years I listened more carefully to Max and discovered that, as far as I heard, he never played
in any other key than C on a C harp. I suspect, though I am of course not certain, that Max's solos were preconceived or
arranged, rather than improvised. But then that is true of everyones solos to a greater or lesser extent.
I doubt whether many people in the US heard Max, as I hardly think the Goon Show would have travelled well there.
Last I heard he had become a Mormon and was living in the States. True?
He was (is?) a lovely player anyhow.
Rick Dempster
Australia