Re: Newbie questions

On Jul 13, 2004, at 8:41 PM, Peter Harlan wrote:

> At 02:02 AM 7/14/2004 +0200, Keith Freeman wrote:
>

> Just when I was starting to think everybody was going to advise
> me start off with the solo layout...
>
> Score: traditionalists 2, revisionists 1
>
> Thanks for your point of view, Keith!

    Hey Pete, There's nothing wrong with your original thinking. Some
folks do better with butter pecan ice cream, some would rather have
white house. Solo tuning is "generally" considered the standard (to
START with). Just as diatonic is felt (by SOME) to be a stepping stone
to chromatic. Since I am mildly autistic, I "mildly" did every thing in
reverse. I don't care for all these alternate tunings but that's just
me (I don't learn NEW stuff very easily). Your argument about
Brasillian music (my favorite after Gypsy), is valid, and alternates
CAN help, but you have to be a BRAIN to keep everything straight.
You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din :)

   smo-joe