Re: The great divide...

Here's one similar to Tony's, I found the following exercise really
difficult to get perfectly every time, by perfectly I mean with a metronome.

I suggest that before anyone starts thinking they keep time they try playing
with a metronome at least once. We tend to be forgiving on ourselves, but a
metronome does not forgive. The metronome teaches you that there is a slot
for every note.

d to d  (start on 4b)
g to g
c to d (scale plus one note) then back to d

It looks easy, but its quite hard, you trip up on the divide, on the return
interval jumps and sometimes your lips stick. It took me about 12 days of
practice at 15 minutes a day to get it every time.

Using the metronome shows you to skip notes or play shorter ones when
something causes a delay.

Pierre.