Latest with John Juke Logan

Update from Juke:

The instrumental "TWICE PIPES" (from my "Juke Rhythm" album
on Mocombo), co-performed & co-written with my good
friend/fellow harmonicist GARY PRIMICH, is featured
throughout "PRAY FOR TUCSON", a documentary about the
campaign of Howard Dean, produced by Bruce Ferber
(co-producer of "Home Improvement", for which I played
harmonica). The film is being unveiled at a series of
independent film festivals.

I'm honored to be playing harmonica on "Shining thru the
Rain", the up-coming disc by PERCY SLEDGE ("When a Man Loves
  a Woman"), out 8/31 from Varese Sarabande. Had a ball
trading-fours on the harp with PAUL JONES (the voice on "Doo
   Wah Diddy" & so many others from the early Manfred Mann
group), who duets with Percy on a song or two.

Thank you, PEOPLE MAGAZINE, for understanding the m/o of my
playing on the new ETTA JAMES disc, "Blues to the Bone":
"Standout harmonica player John "Juke" Logan demonstrates
why his instrument is so organically related to the blues,
filling in between James' phrases as if he were reading her
thoughts". (- Ralph Novak, 4 stars). Grateful for these kind
words, & all I can say is that Ms. Etta brings it outta' ya...

"The TRUTH will ROCK YOU" in September... (my up-coming 3rd
album, that is, recorded in Austin, TX with a gathering of
Texas' finest musicians). The cover-art has been done by
L.A-via-Chicago 'underground' scratchboard artist GIN
STEVENS. Been workin' on this one awhile... I'm very proud
of it & it's all original songs, & I think Sept. will be
hi-time to let it out of it's cage...

- - - Juke
- --
Danny Wilson - Santa Clarita, CA