Report from the North Atlantic Blues Festival.

Here's what you folks missed.I'm cross posting this with Harmonicist.

Saturday night, doing the pub crawl after hearing Phil Wiggins, Mark Hummel,
Paul Delay, and Billy Branch earlier(not to mention Bobby Blue Bland). We stop
at the pool hall to hear the Blues Prophets, a local band with a killer harp
player (I apologize for forgetting his name). Cool he's got a pianist sitting
in. It's Kenny Wayne, one of the best blues pianists in the world, jamming with
the band. And who's the lady singer? E C Kight. I hear harp but the Blues
Prophet's harp player is having a beer. Well look Billy Branch is up there with
a hip flask and his hat on sideways. But he's not playing harp,it's Phil
Wiggins wailing on amplified harp. So Phil Wiggins and Billy Branch start
passing the harp mic around, Mark Hummel comes to play a little, there's a lady
playing killer sax, then they pass the mic to the Blues Prophet harp player.
Damn if he can't trade licks with the best of them. The jam went on until the
bar closed.

You should have been there.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com