Re: [Harp-L] Re: New archive

This Beta software synopsis does look good Ben.

I like the 'newsletter' function if that is, in essence, a means of reporting on a days activities so that downloading (and bandwidth) is minimal but people can see at a glance if there is anything relevant to them in the day's catch.

Keep an eye on?

Douglas

Still, I too use the web, and I early in the project I considered the value
of making harp-l a real web discussion group. Email is a sturdy but
suboptimal technology for multiway discussion. But ripping up the list was
unthinkable, and there seemed no way to have both the existing list and a
dynamic live interface.

Fortunately, this is a perceived need in the world of mailing lists and
discussion software, and I recently heard of  beta software that may address
it (http://m2f.sourceforge.net). Since Yahoo fills our browsing gap, this is
not a priority project, but it does certainly interest me. I'd be interested
in what others think.