[Harp-L] RE: Yet Another Juke Question[long reply]

I love this topic.....

 I play it the way I feel it and I feel it different just about every time.
Yes, I may keep the signature lick of the tune or hold down a rhythm riff in
the background but when I step out front I close my eyes, melt into the
groove and go with it.  I make it my own.  As Taj Mahal told me a few months
ago "Don't do it like me, do it like you."

I really enjoy getting in sync with the singer or guitar to add those
"spontaneous" accents that flow from knowing your band mates, smooth
footwork, hip shakes and wiggles, and that "come hither" look from the
beauty dancing in the front row (if you know what I mean).  I portend that
you just can't get there with an arrangement.   That's why I love harp.  It
lets me play with passion and abandon and crowds love it.

Well that's my two licks worth.

Bobby BlackHat
http://bobbyblackhat.com