XB40 pitch etc

 Tim Moyer makes (as is frequently the case) and excellent point. In referencing a bass solo by Jaco, or violin by Stefan Grapelli in relation to the XB40, Tim hits it on the head. I've found myself comparing the XB40's dynamics to playing slide guitar. Listen to Elmore James, you immediately sense this sort of wild edge; or Bonnie Raitt, a much more "refined" player, yet still that slight sense that its not entirely "controlled". Which I think is essential to most music, (classical music with its faithful reproduction ofcompositions perhaps being the primary exception), and especially suited to blues IMHO.
 When I play the XB40, I'm inspired to let go and let it "wiggle" a bit, to let the music really swing and have a life about it. I like tht. Like much of the best of lively N'awlins jazz/blues stuff. Like holding a live snake!!

 Yet, if one chooses to play a sensitive solo melody, it's all there too. Or Harlem Nocturne (my current addiction)!

 Relax and open up ~ these are the lessons that carry over even into my "standard" diatonic playing after having spent time with my XB40. My dynamic approach, tonal quality and variation, and especially my sense of pitch, on ALL my harps, have all benefitted from this new instrument.

 Play often, take chances,
 Jeff G
 Denver CO