Re: "The Present Moment"

The Iceman scribeth:
> I call this "Playing from intent rather than from habit".

I agree this is a good thing to strive for, but from my perspective,
the "intent" needs to come from the emotional, rather than
intellectual side of the brain.  This means training yourself well
enough to be able to "intend something" thinking about the "what" and
not the "how".  For my money, that's what practice (be it pitch
practice or scale practice or whatever) is all about.

- -tim