Re: RI Bassman "limited"

A bias pot will make bias adjustment easier, but will not improve the amp
sound.  It can be added at small expense to a BM RI.   The original BM RI
has a socket that will accommodate a tube or solid state rectifier.
Lacquer on tweed does not improve the sound.

I think the BM RI "standard"  is a fine harp amp.  I compared a stock one to
the same amp with a Hoffman hand wired board with the same tube compliment
and bias setting.  I could hear no difference.  I recently had a line on a
Victoria Bassman at a great price.  I compared one side by side to my
Hoffman board Bassman.  To me the sound differences were subtle and did not
warrant the expense of the Vic.    Now, I do hear differences in amps....

Jim