  From: Howard Parks=20
  To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx=20
  Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 1:40 PM
  Subject: Jon Gindick's Jam Camp

  I've posted elsewhere about Jon's camp but wanted to say if you're on =
the fence about attending one of the upcoming camps, go. I attended the =
recent jam camp in Rockville with some reservations; I consider myself =
an intermediate-on-the-verge-of-the-next level and the camp seemed to =
focus on beginners. There is that, but I found myself with ample =
opportunities to play and learn from some first-rate teachers (Jon =
Gindick of course and also Larry Iceman Eisenberg & Allen =
Radcliffe-Holmes, in my case). Jon cultivates a supportive & warm =
environment to play in, and the comradery & the response I got to my own =
playing was very gratifying.=20

  In the scheme of things, I'd love to go back to the Augusta Heritage =
Center during Blues Week there, and that would be my first choice. But =
the last time I attended Augusta was twelve years ago; since then I =
haven't been able to create the time & space to attend again. Spending =
three days cultivating my Inner DownChild at Jon's camp was a peak =
harmonica experience and I'm glad I went.

  My two cents, YMMV, usual disclaimers apply. Howard Parks=20