RE: Slow power-up on black face vibro champ

Tubes must warm up, so they always take a few seconds before sounds come
out.

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
AldenFarmboy@xxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 4:00 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Slow power-up on black face vibro champ

Hi,
    I have a chance to buy a Fender black face vibro champ amp from my
uncle, but I'm worried about something. When i turn the amp on, it takes
about 10 seconds before i get any sound out of it with my mic. After that
it's o.k. and sounds great. Is this normal for an old amp like this ? Would
new tubes help ? I think it's from 1966. He said he has not plugged it in in
about 5 years. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.