Re: Perfect Harp Amp

- --Apple-Mail-2--124577436

Robb - that's what I meant to say. Thanks.
My band once hired some amps for a gig in another town and, while the
guitarist snagged the Super Reverb, I was left with a solid state Vox
ac30. The amp sounded great.
I think you can get a decent tone out of most amps (although there ARE
some amps that are a bitch to work with) - assuming you have your chops
together and a decent mic - but in the end we all prefer to go through
the rig that we personally prefer. And that's what I meant about
subjectivity, and why I'll stick to my tweed Super.
:)
Andrew

> <Just goes to show that what we all think of as
> <great tone is entirely subjective
>
> No it doesn't. It shows that there are infinite ways
> to achieve it- and that it's very hard to define.
> Madcat has great tone, regardless what amp or pre-amp
> he uses.
> :->
>
> Robb

- --Apple-Mail-2--124577436

Robb - that's what I meant to say. Thanks.

My band once hired some amps for a gig in another town and, while the
guitarist snagged the Super Reverb, I was left with a solid state Vox
ac30. The amp sounded great.

I think you can get a decent tone out of most amps (although there ARE
some amps that are a bitch to work with) - assuming you have your
chops together and a decent mic - but in the end we all prefer to go
through the rig that we personally prefer. And that's what I meant
about subjectivity, and why I'll stick to my tweed Super.

:)

Andrew

<excerpt>